Monday, July 9, 2012

Pantry Makeover


Before and After

After seeing and pinning many pantry organization pictures on my Pinterest organization board I decided to do my own makeover. My pantry had turned into a hot mess and desperately needed some organizing. My husband agreed that something needed to be done. 


Whew! I can't believe we lived with it like this... The first thing I did was to empty the pantry. This is what my dining room table looked like:


I painted the pantry white and stenciled it with Behr Gentle Rain. Here is the before, painted white and stenciled walls.


I love the stenciling! It was a ton of work though! I bought the stencil called Iron Lattice from Hobby Lobby

I really don't think the pictures capture how organized it is. I separated it into sections and put everything in its correct spot. There is the spices that are in alphabetical order now, cookbooks, drink mixes, canned goods, snacks, carbs: bread, tortillas, rice, pasta, and beans.

And some full scale pictures:




I still have some things I want to change. But for the most part it is done. I plan on buying another lazy susan, a tall pasta container for the spaghetti, and a basket for snacks. It feels SO good being organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment