Sunday, July 15, 2012

Jewelry Organization

My sister Christina mentioned to me that her jewelry was out of control and tangled up. I was excited to  help her out and do a fun project with my sis! We planned two different sections one for earrings and another one for necklaces and bracelets.


We gathered the following materials: staple gun, ceiling hooks, insect screen, shelf, and frame. We considered buying a frame with no glass but we found a frame for less with out the glass.





We took everything off of the picture frame and used the staple gun to staple the insect screen to the back of the frame. We stapled it at an angle so the screen wouldn't be up against the wall and the earrings would hang easily.


On the shelves we simple shoved the screw like ends of the ceiling hooks into the wood and twisted them in. It was so much easier than I though it was going to be. 


Some of them were a little stubborn but between the two of us we were able to get all 46 hooks into the shelves. I thought we may have over done it on the number of hooks into the shelves but it turns out Christina had a ton of necklaces.


I think they turned out fabulously!





No comments:

Post a Comment