Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bridal Shower

     This Spring my sisters and I had the priviledge of hosting a bridal shower for our cousin Becki. Since my husband and I have only owned our house for two years this was my very first shower to host at my house! And there was no one older than me looking over my shoulder. I was super excited! I looked for inspiration on Pinterest. Here is my Events board if you want to take a peek.
So this is the Bridal Shower setup before we put put out all the goodies. I really wanted to put up more poms poms on the ceiling but we ran out of time.
     I really had to hold myself back from overloading the menu. I have so many favorites! We had punch (thanks to my mom), brownies, cupcakes, cheesecake bites, chicken salad (thanks to Aunt Diana), ham and cheese croissants, strawberries and grapes with fruit dip, broccoli with ranch dip (because do people really eat the celery and carrot sticks on a veggie plate? I don't, but I love broccoli!), and fruit kabobs with fresh pineapples and strawberries.

     We also had a mimosa bar. I had bought several different variations of the fruit juice and dry champagne. But by far the best one was orange juice, passion fruit juice, and dry champagne. It is now my go to for a sweet alcoholic drink to serve at parties.
   
     The bride's main color is peacock, or a dark teal. Which by the way is really hard to find decorations for, but I helped pick the color and love it on my bridesmaid dress so I really can't complain. I ended up going with royal blue to decorate the table. I got the table runner which I adore at efavormart for under $5. And the plates and napkins to match at Party City.

     One project I was really excited about was making cupcake flags. I had seen them all over Pinterest and really wanted to make them cute and personal for the bride. After I printed them out on scrapbook paper my sister Christina did a great job cutting them out and hot gluing them to toothpicks. Here is what we came up with:

     I think the shower turned out to be a great success! Here is a picture of the hostesses and bride. My sisters Christina and Marcella, the bride Becki, and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment